(BTEC level 1) Anti-Social Behaviour Awareness Training for Housing Officers
Developed by Tess Ash & Chris Grose of the CIH (Chartered Institute of Housing)
This one day BTEC Foundation Award (Ref: CDG19) is designed for new entrants to the sector specifically starters with community safety partnerships and housing officers. Its aim is to provide with an understanding of what constitutes Anti-Social Behaviour in a social housing context; what measures can be taken to address it, the impact on individuals & communities and the importance of good record keeping in this area of work.
Students will be taught to recognise the impact of problem Anti-Social Behaviour to an individual or community including an understanding of the measures available to tackle the problem and to recognise the severity of some forms of Anti-Social Behaviour and be able to prioritise a response; specifically:
- Identification of the different forms of housing related ASB
- Identification of the different measures to tackle ASB, both informal & formal
- The contractual nature of the Conditions of Tenancy
- The nature of general nuisance
- The nature of targeted nuisance
- The vulnerability to Anti-Social Behaviour of certain groups
- The corrosive impact of Anti-Social Behaviour on neighbourhoods
- The severity of some forms of Anti-Social Behaviour
- An understanding of the debilitating impact of repeat Anti-Social Behaviour
- Identification of when there is an escalation of Anti-Social Behaviour
- Recognition of when an Anti-Social Behaviour case should be referred to partner agencies such as the Police or Local Council
This course is currently available ‘in house’ at a cost of £95 plus BTEC registration (if required) and VAT. Details of autumn ‘Open Courses’ will be announced soon and published on our website www.communitysafetyprofessionals.com, if you are interested in dates when they are announced contact us and we will inform you directly or contact us if you wish to run an ‘In House’ course. National courses will cost £150 per person plus BTEC registration +VAT. BTEC registration is £45 and will entitle you on passing to the qualification with an Edexcel certificate.